As the cold winter begins to make its presence felt, we love to stay warm indoors, with a delicious, seasonally-minded cocktail in our hands. Regardless if you like yours with alcohol, such as bourbon, rum, and tequila, or prefer candy canes as a garnish, we have some delicious recipes for winter drinks that will keep you toasty. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Autumn in New England. We think that the name is enough to convince you that this is a cocktail that you should try this cold season. You need fresh sage leaves, maple syrup, bourbon, apple cider, and cider vinegar. Put the sage leaves and the maple syrup in the cocktail shaker and muddle for 30 seconds. Add the bourbon, the apple cider, and the cider vinegar and shake the mixture. Serve the cocktail in an old-fashioned glass, half-filled with ice. You will want one every single day.
2. Mexican hot chocolate. If you love hot chocolate and you are searching for a recipe with a twist, this is the perfect one to try. You’ll need 2 oz Partida Anejo, hot chocolate, chili powder, and ground cinnamon. How does this combination sound like? It is a spiced hot chocolate that you can always use to impress guests at a party or to forget about the hard day that has just ended.
3. Merry Maple Sour. If you are the type of person who loves to go out and party in summer, but stays indoors in winter, Merry Maple Sour is the type of cocktail that will help you remember the hot, summer nights that have just passed. You need rum, fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, and egg white to prepare it. Mix all the ingredients in the cocktail shaker and garnish with a lemon peel. You will instantly fall in love.
4. Jalapeno Cranberry Margarita. If you host a party and want to impress your guests, try this cocktail recipe. You need jalapeno tequila, fresh lemon juice, agave nectar, and no-sugar-added cranberry juice. It has a great color and an even better taste. Your guests will be impressed, to say the least.
5. The Lucky Few. It is another cocktail that we fell in love with ever since we heard its name. If you love pineapple juice and want to enjoy its aroma in winter, as well as in the summertime, you can use this cocktail to remind you of it. What do you need to prepare it? The ingredients for this cocktail are Remy Martin XO, Som Pineapple Szechuan Pepper, pineapple juice, lime juice, simple syrup, soda, and freshly grated nutmeg. Combine all these ingredients with ice, put them in the cocktail shaker, and enjoy a great cocktail.
Who says that winter can’t be fun because it is cold? You can still have fun indoors, enjoying cocktails that remind you of hot, summer nights and that make you feel cozy, no matter how cold it is outside. Try our recipes because you will love them.